The WordPress Importer will import the following content from a WordPress export file:
- Posts, pages and other custom post types
- Comments and comment meta
- Custom fields and post meta
- Categories, tags and terms from custom taxonomies and term meta
For further information and instructions please see the documention on Importing Content.
The importer has a couple of filters to allow you to completely enable/block certain features:
import_allow_create_users: return false if you only want to allow mapping to existing users
import_allow_fetch_attachments: return false if you do not wish to allow importing and downloading of attachments
import_attachment_size_limit: return an integer value for the maximum file size in bytes to save (default is 0, which is unlimited)
There are also a few actions available to hook into:
import_start: occurs after the export file has been uploaded and author import settings have been chosen
import_end: called after the last output from the importer
The quickest method for installing the importer is:
- Visit Tools -> Import in the WordPress dashboard
- Click on the WordPress link in the list of importers
- Click « Install Now »
- Finally click « Activate Plugin & Run Importer »
If you would prefer to do things manually then follow these instructions:
- Upload the
wordpress-importerfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to the Tools -> Import screen, click on WordPress
Help! I’m getting out of memory errors or a blank screen.
If your exported file is very large, the import script may run into your host’s configured memory limit for PHP.
A message like « Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted » indicates that the script can’t successfully import your XML file under the current PHP memory limit. If you have access to the php.ini file, you can manually increase the limit; if you do not (your WordPress installation is hosted on a shared server, for instance), you might have to break your exported XML file into several smaller pieces and run the import script one at a time.
For those with shared hosting, the best alternative may be to consult hosting support to determine the safest approach for running the import. A host may be willing to temporarily lift the memory limit and/or run the process directly from their end.
Contributeurs & développeurs
« WordPress Importer » est un logiciel libre. Les personnes suivantes ont contribué à cette extension.Contributeurs
Historique des changements
- Update minimum WordPress requirement to 3.7 and ensure compatibility with PHP 7.4.
- Fix bug that caused not importing term meta.
- Fix bug that caused slashes to be stripped from imported meta data.
- Fix bug that prevented import of serialized meta data.
- Fix file size check after download of remote files with HTTP compression enabled.
- Improve accessibility of form fields by adding missing labels.
- Improve imports for remote file URLs without name and/or extension.
- Add support for
wp:base_blog_urlfield to allow importing multiple files with WP-CLI.
- Add support for term meta parsing when using the regular expressions or XML parser.
- Developers: All PHP classes have been moved into their own files.
- Developers: Allow to change
wp-config.phpand change default value to the value of
- Improve PHP7 compatibility.
- Fix bug that caused slashes to be stripped from imported comments.
- Fix for various deprecation notices including
- Fix for importing export files with multiline term meta data.
- Add support for import term metadata.
- Fix bug that caused slashes to be stripped from imported content.
- Fix bug that caused characters to be stripped inside of CDATA in some cases.
- Fix PHP notices.
wp_import_existing_postfilter, see Trac ticket #33721.
- Support for WXR 1.2 and multiple CDATA sections
- Post aren’t duplicates if their post_type’s are different
- Double check that the uploaded export file exists before processing it. This prevents incorrect error messages when
an export file is uploaded to a server with bad permissions and WordPress 3.3 or 3.3.1 is being used.
- Import comment meta (requires export from WordPress 3.2)
- Minor bugfixes and enhancements
- Map comment user_id where possible
- Import attachments from
- Upload attachments to correct directory
- Remap resized image URLs correctly
- Use an XML Parser if possible
- Proper import support for nav menus
- … and much more, see Trac ticket #15197
- Initial release