For more information and to take a look at the Pro version, visit our website – WP Auctions.
About the Plugin
WP Auctions is a revolutionary plugin which allows you to host auctions on your WordPress powered blog or website completely fee free! Show your auctions in an attractive AJAX powered popup for optimum user experience.
Stop paying listing fees, seller fees, final value fees, gallery fees or any other type of fee for your auctions on other 3rd party sites. Run your own auctions and sell to your site visitors!
Installation and activation takes less than 30 seconds and you could be hosting your first auction on your website in under 2 minutes.
- Assign an auction to a Post/Page
- Upload an extra image
- Added Shipping price
- Custom contact field. Request phone numbers, addresses etc…
- Show auctions in a List or Graphic format.
- Set a global Bid increment value for all auctions.
- Allow only registered users to bid.
- …more to come.
Other Features include:
- Host as many auctions as you like.
- Upload an image for your auction.
- Use PayPal to accept payments.
- Easily Edit, End or Delete your auctions.
- Set a specific end date and time, down to the second.
- Choice of 5 display styles.
- Sleek AJAX popup to show your auctions.
- Easy to use backend admin area to manage your auctions.
Looking for the Pro plugin?
Visit our website – WP Auctions – for more information and to see the features that come with the Pro version of WP Auctions.
Example uses include:
- Auction off advertising space!
- Sell physical goods from iPods to Cars!
- Sell your artwork
- Use it for charity auctions, etc…
- Included Polish translation (99% translated)
- Download the plugin file, unzip and place it in your wp-content/plugins/ folder. You can alternatively upload it via the WordPress plugin backend.
- Set up the plugin from the WP Auctions menu in your WordPress backend.
- Add your auctions
- Sell your stuff and make money!
The plugin is widget ready and the widget will appear in your « Appearance > Widgets » list. Simply drag and drop the widget into any widget ready area, like your sidebar.
Alternatively, you can also add this snippet to the sidebar on your theme:
<?php wp_auctions(); ?>
The plugin isn’t working well on my blog. What could the problem be?
Why does the AJAX popup look weird on my blog?
This could be due to the CSS of your theme. While we try to override reset settings for the popup CSS there are some instances where themes have been known to override our CSS settings. Yes, it’s a vicious cycle. To fix this issue, try and edit the CSS of the theme if you are comfortable doing so or ask your theme designer for help.
What features are available in the Pro version?
The Pro and Pro Plus versions have tons of enhancements and improvements. Here are some of our favourte ones:
- 3 bidding engines to choose from: Proxy, Simple & Reverse
- Auctions for registered users only – user favorite.
- Set a reserve price for your auctions
- Sell items on « Buy It Now » basis – user favorite.
- Upload multiple images for each auction (up to 4).
- Place auctions in a post or page – user favorite.
- Show ads if no auctions are available.
- Specify shipment surcharges.
- Watch an auction feature.
- Color customization.
- Place auctions in a Post or Page.
- List Widget compatibility (sold separately)
- WYSIWYG editor.
- and much, much more…
More information at: WP Auctions.
Contributeurs & développeurs
« WordPress Auction Plugin » est un logiciel libre. Les personnes suivantes ont contribué à cette extension.Contributeurs
Historique des changements
- Update to be compatible with WordPress 5.+
- Upgrade to mailing functionality to use wp_mail
- WordPress 4.5 compatibility
- Fixed Starting Bid bug for the auction embed
- Bug fixes
- Fixed languages/ textdomain issue
- Improved some CSS
- Updated text strings
- Implemented a workaround for a date/time bug
- Fixed starting bid reset when bids get cancelled
- Assign an auction to a Post/Page. This redirects all users to that specific Post/Page to interact with that auction
- Fixed CSS issues brought to our notice
- New Feat1ure: Upload an extra image to your auctions!
- Added shipping price. Now you can add a shipping price to your auctions and PayPal will automatically add it to the final bid price. Also specify the Shipping From and To locations.
- Customize the Contact field. You can request other data like phone number, address, date of birth etc…
- Show auctions in sidebar widget in list or graphic format
- Registered users only
- Bid increment
- WYSIWYG description editor
- Default WordPress media uploader support
- New date selector
- Customize auction outbid notice and auction winner notice emails
- A lot of text updates
- Bug and text fixes
- Tested with WordPress v3.6+
- Text update
- Bug fixes
- Pulled in some Pro functionality, example images in WP media library
- Bug Fixes
- Compatibility with WordPress v3.3+
- bug fix
- SECURITY UPDATE: Tightened sanitisation of admin inputs
- WYSIWYG editor added
- WordPress 3.2 compatability
- Two new color styles
- Minor fixes
- New Style (Wind) added
- Bug fixes
- New feature: New option to hide RSS links
- New feature: Custom Currencies
- Squashed bug affecting Edits on Windows Hosting using InnoDB
- Added remote debug option
1.7.4 & 1.7.5 & 1.7.6
- Bug fixes (Warning on header load and image resizing problem and Windows issues)
- Changed upload functionality as with WP 3.0 media uploader didn’t fit any more
- Cleared up some extra code that wasn’t being used
- Bug fix to resizer
- Fixed some CSS styling in popup
- Added a new style
- Added option to have rotating ads if there are no active auctions
- Added cheque/direct payment feature
- Fixed styles formatting
- Multiple currency support
- Show specific number of auctions in sidebar widget
- Updates styles and popup layout
- Added image upload
- Specify end time and date of auction
- Use HTML for auction descriptions
- General cleaning up and code optimization